Wednesday 24 August 2022

Not grumpy!



Just parking this here for memory's sake. I had my granddaughters for the day. They've just returned from holiday and have another couple of weeks before school restarts. We had a lovely day. We called into a huge, local garden centre that, as well as all the plants and garden stuff, has tropical fish, a few guinea pigs, two enormous tortoises and a parrot called Elvis. It also has an arcade of old penny slot machines, so we had a fun time in there. Back at mine, they drew, made bead bracelets and we went to the local playground (they call it the play park) for them to run off some steam. 

My older granddaughter is almost 11 and suddenly rather 'tween', apparently as perplexed herself, as her parents, are by sudden mood swings and outbursts of frustration. (Trying to put on lace-up shoes was a real trigger point!) Up to now, she and her sister (nearly 8) have been pretty much in step but I can see that is changing. They do still play together well but also need times apart and have times of friction. What still suits the younger one is suddenly of no interest to the older one. I can see we're all in for some fun and games! 

That said, they are both very loving and E (the older one) drew me this picture with a lovely message. She'd be surprised by how often my own grumpy cloud is in evidence... but I'm glad she doesn't see it.